Well. New semester. New classes. New start. I like it. New classes? Well. One of those new classes happens to be radio. Let me tell you this, there are creepsters in radio. Major creepsters. First day to class, Sir Russ, the teacher, announces that we will be having a show n' tell/ get to know ya day next class period so come ready to present. I loved this idea and began racking my mind almost instantly on what to bring, fork collection, mother of all first aid kits, or a pet rock. Of course, as you have guessed, I settled on the latter, pet rock, so I brought in Eggburt, the king of all pet rocks. I placed him in my backpack the next night, preparing for show n' tell.
The next day, as I arrived at radio, we wrote in our journals. I mentioned to Russ that his room felt like a polar ice cap and that he should seriously consider purchasing tiny space heaters to place below each table to prevent frost bitten toes. (He has yet to do that) Then, after journals, Senor Mayonesa (also russ) stand up and calls out the first student to begin our show and tell. The showing and telling started out really nice. Stuffed animals from childhood, clay figurines, guitar picks, stuffed fish etc. The students pop corned. I, being one of only three juniors in the class, sit with three sophomore girls on the back table in the back corner, we are rejects. No one pop corned us, we had to volunteer, when it came to my turn, I bounced to the front of the class, introduced Eggburt and gave a brief 2 minute dialogue of myself. Then. I pop corned. I didn't know any one's name yet so i pointed to a boy who sat three chairs down from me. He gave me a "i am up to no good" grin and bounded toward the front of the classroom with a bright orange, stained backpack in hand. He introduced himself as Zack Olsen. (No. not the one from swim team, another, much larger Zack Olsen) He smiles that same smile and holds up his backpack, he waves it around by his side and says, "This is where I store my dead bunnies before I cook and eat them." I gasped. I'm scared of that. How cruel. How sick. How not human. I looked at him and both shelbie owens and I said, "You eat bunnies!" He nods and rubs his tummy. Yes. He rubbed his tummy. Again. I am scared of that. I asked him, "What is your favorite? Brown? Black? Whi-?" "Cottontail." He answers almost immediately. I stare at him, probably gaping by now, "Seriously?" I ask. He nods, rubs his tummy. again. and Says, "Chomp." I look down at my hands, "Get me out of here, I think I might retch." To my luck, I was then, called down to the attendance office by my cousin and vice principal, Mr. Kendall Call. I told him all about it. End of that day.
Next day. I am sitting in Lexi Owens' kitchen, making lettuce wraps. There is lots of lettuce left. Lettuce reminds me of bunnies. Bunnies remind me of Zack Olsen. This is when I discover a nickname for Zack Olsen, Bunny Boy. I decide that next radio class, I will take a bag full of lettuce to Bunny Boy. This way, with the lettuce, bunny boy can catch rabbits much easier. But. To my horror. I forget the lettuce, and Lexi owens' clean obsessed mother throws my lettuce away. Sad day. (this was Saturday)
When I arrive at radio on Tuesday, I see bunny boy. He doesn't look happy, though he never really does. He just scares the sophomore girls and I. Russ announces that we shall make bumper stickers promoting KPGR today, and that he will be our artists and draw whatever we like if we ask. I ask him to draw a bunny. He draws a bunny. Oh ho ho. Does Russ draw a bunny. He draws a cottontail that looks as if he might shank you if you cross his path. Very cute. Very cute indeed. The slogan/caption to go along with this adorable bunny? KPGR eats bunnies. Listen to KPGR 88.1 f.m. I am so proud of my bumper sticker that I must show this to bunny boy, I hold it up and yell: "Hey. Bunny Boy." He looks my direction, I show him my sticker. He doesn't smile. In fact, he shows no emotion at all. I look at russ, "Hey. Senor Mayonesa, does he seriously eat bunnies?" Russ: "yes." I say, "I am seriously scared of that." Russ chuckles.
Next day. Wednesday or Today. As I head to seminary today, I pass my good friend and bunny boy loving, Shelbie Owens. She stops me in the hall and says, this to me: "Mandi Call, yesterday, I was walking down the hall and saw bunny boy. So i called out to him, I yelled 'zack olsen. zack olsen.' he didn't answer, so i yelled 'bunny boy.' this time he responded, he turned to me and said, 'Shelbie Owens, if you call me bunny boy one more time, I will eat you, just like I eat the cute little cottontails. Chomp! Yummm.' He really said that Mandi call."
I looked at Shelbie Owens, gaped, once again, and said, "I am seriously scared of that Shelbie Owens."
And there my friends, is proof, that high school is still, without a doubt, full of freaks.
and that's all I have to say about that.
Peace and Blessings. Peace and Blessings.
Wednesday, January 20
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment